I am 30(ish) and have had 2 babies over the last couple years. 3 months after having my first I was riding in the car and had a good hard look in the mirror for the first time in ages. I was stunned. How did I not recognize the face staring back at me? I had wrinkles and crows lines. Where did my beautiful skin go? I had aged 10 years in only 3 months. I don’t consider myself particularly vain, but this felt like a sucker punch to the gut.
Apparently dedicating all of your time to your baby, not to mention a total lack of anything resembling sleep, eventually catches up to you. My face was the poor victim. I had to take action. The first thing I turned to was this amazing serum.
Before having kids, I actually took good care of myself. I had a whole routine I stuck to every morning and every night. It worked very well for me. I had fresh, dewy looking skin even without makeup. I was complimented frequently on it. Every time someone mentioned my fresh complexion I had to give tribute to this recipe. Once I started using it again, my skin bounced back to its dewy, glowy self.
- Coconut oil: High in saturated fats, like lauric acid and vitamin E. It penetrates into the skin, nourishing it and aiding it to repair itself. It’s supposed to help fight acne due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Almond oil: Lots of vitamins and minerals to nourish skin, goes on smoother than the thicker oils, allowing the other oils to penetrate into the skin better.
- Jojoba oil: Great for all skin types. It’s good for dry skin as it moisturizes it. It’s also great for acne prone skin, as it makes your skin stop overproducing oil.
- Castor oil: Increases collagen and elastin production, works as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, meaning it helps with acne, moisturizes and hydrates skin.
- Lavender essential oil: Works as an anti-aging agent on skin due to high amount of antioxidants, heals blemishes, acne, eczema, and burns.
- Frankincense essential oil: Antibacterial, making it good for acne and decreases scarring.
Amazing facial serum for beautiful skin
To make this easily you need a 4 oz container.
My perfect mixture is
- 1 oz coconut oil
- 1 oz almond oil
- 1 oz jojoba oil
- 1 TBS of castor oil
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 20 drops of frankincense essential oil
(I love Plant Therapy Essential Oils. They are one of the best quality, especially for being so affordable. Plus Free Shipping & Free Returns if you don’t like the product. Great customer service.)
Mix them in your jar and you’ll have beautiful skin after only a few days of use. I apply twice a day, once in the morning & once at night. It is oil, so it takes a bit of time to absorb into your skin. I just apply it first thing if I plan on wearing makeup. After about 15 minutes I’m usually good to apply makeup without feeling too “oily.” This is the only moisturizer I use unless I run out and then it’s just plain coconut oil. I also don’t measure out the ingredients exactly. I eye it and get close. It works great every time.
I recommend this serum for all skin types. I know that many acne prone skin types may be nervous to use oil on their face, but both the coconut oil and castor oil are supposed to reduce inflammation of the skin (meaning decrease the swelling) and help fight the bacteria that causes the acne. Its nourishing for all skin types, but can be especially useful for those with aging skin as its high in antioxidants, which helps reverse aging.
If you try this out, I’d love to know if this works for you. Let me know in the comments!
Articles you may enjoy:
- How to make a side income as a stay at home mom
- The Dangers of Deodorant & How to make an Easy Herbal Deodorant
- The benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (The ultimate women’s herb)